We are currently hiring for our headquater in New York City an experienced:
1 Database Developer
who has previous mySQL design experience on a Linux platform; the role will involve taking high level design specs and making recommendation's then going forward with the development.
The person we are looking for will have a deep knowledge of database principles and how they apply to the real world. You will be designing and building database systems that are highly available and must be confident within all stages of the Business Intelligence lifecycle from initial requirements analysis, data modelling through to intelligence reporting.
The ideal candidate will have between 2 or more years experience managing database internet sites using Linux, Apache, MySQL and Perl. Applicants should be enthusiastic about learning new skills and personal development.
Your duties would include:
- Creating and managing a datawarehouse as well as related ETL processes
- Analysing, understanding and extracting structured data sources
- Design and document logical, physical and dimensional data model for a
centralised data warehouse
- Review the data model with functional and technical team and assist developers, BI team and end users to understand the data model
- Create mySQL code from data model and create database, in close coordination with developers
- Develop, manage and monitor the ETL process and run related ETL tools
- Maintain the change log for the data model and ensure that data models and databases are in synch on an ongoing basis
- Generate basic reports from data model and support the specification, design and development of standard reporting systems for business intelligence
We expect you to have this profile:
- 2 or more years experience working with databases in IT, telecommunications or another industry with a high strategic importance of data, databases and datawarehouses
- Advanced training in data management, SQL, ETL tools
- Technology and platform agnostic with strong experience in LAMP
- Ability to code structured query language, develop script and tune queries
- Data mapping for Datawarehouse process management
- Strong communication skills
- Structured and results-minded work style
- Professionalism and sense of responsibility
- Excellent English, both written and spoken
This is an outstanding opportunity to collaborate with an established development team with extensive opportunity to develop your technical as well as your personal abilities within Cool Scout Inc.
To apply, please email or post your portfolio and CV / Resume to us. Please submit your complete application with desired salary to:
back to the main job page